Brigitte Bardot has always been one of the most influential fashion and beauty icons to me, specially when seeking for summer style inspiration.
Blond messy hair, winged eyeliner, headbands, breton stripes, ballerina shoes, straw bags, off shoulder tops… She was constantly defining the perfect timeless summer style uniform.
But Bardot’s biggest devotion was with gingham pattern, called in French Vichy, as she even chose a pink gingham gown for her wedding day.
Alex Chung (@chungalexa)
One of the thinks that makes me a big supporter of gingham pattern is how versatile it can be. It is the perfect pattern for any summertime occasion, from beach days to never ending summer nights!
Here you have 3 different options on how to style gingham shirts, dresses or skirts depending on the summer occasion:
- Sister Jane – Gingham Blouse (BUY HERE)
- She Made Me – Crocheted cotton triangle bikini (BUY HERE)
- TOPSHOP – MOTO vintage shorts (BUY HERE)
- TOPSHOP – MOTO white rip Daisy sorts (BUY HERE)
- J.Crew – Tie-front gingham shirt (BUY HERE)
- Ray-ban – Round metal sunglasses (BUY HERE)
- Oysho – Beach towel (BUY HERE)
- Stella McCartney – Faux leather platforms (BUY HERE)
- Manebi – Yucatan raffia espadrilles (BUY HERE)
- Oysho – raffia bag (BUY HERE)
- Aurélie Bidermann – lapis lazuli, coral and cotton bracelets (BUY HERE & HERE)
- Ray Ban – Wayfarer sunglasses (BUY HERE)
- Lisa Marie Fernandez – Off shoulder stretch-denim bikini (BUY HERE)
- Lisa Marie Fernandez – Gingham cotton shirt dress (BUY HERE)
- Sea – Gingham cotton midi dress (BUY HERE)
- Castañer – Catalan espadrilles (BUY HERE)
- Aquazzura – Red leather pumps (BUY HERE)
- Hoss Intropia – Wicker envelope handbag (BUY HERE)
- Kanneth Jay Lane – Gold earrings (BUY HERE)
- Kanneth Jay Lane – Gold bracelet (BUY HERE)
- Victoria Beckham – Cat eye sunglasses (BUY HERE)
- The Row – Cotton poplin blouse (BUY HERE)
- Preen by Thornton Bregazzi – Gingham silk-jacquard wrap skirt (BUY HERE)